With the season set to end in less than 2 weeks, I figured this would be a good time to take a closer look at the Eastern Conference standings. Right now the standings starting from first to eighth are: 1) Chicago Bulls, 2) Miami Heat 3) Boston Celtics 4) Orlando Magic 5) Atlanta Hawks, 6) Philadelphia 76ers, 7) New York Knicks, 8) Indiana Pacers. With only a few games left in each team’s season, it doesn’t really look like much will change in terms of these standings. Unless something drastic happens the only two teams that can swap spots are the Miami Heat and the Boston Celtics. In the grand scheme even if the Celtics, who are only a half game behind of the Miami Heat, overtook the Heat they would still most likely meet in the second round. The only difference would be that the Celtics would have home court advantage instead of the Heat.
Now looking at the playoff matchups I expect the Bulls, Heat, and Celtics to win their first round playoff series with relative ease. The one matchup in the first round that does look intriguing is the 4th and 5th seed matchup between the Magic and the Hawks. The Magic hasn’t been very consistent this year and the Hawks could beat them, but I still expect the Magic to win. In the second round the Bulls will likely face the Magic, and they should win the matchup. The Celtics and Heat are a much different story though this is going to be a very exciting series, and it is one that I can’t wait to see. The fan in me wants to see the Heat win, but the analyst in me thinks the Celtics will win. I think the Celtics will pull it out in a very tough series. Lastly it will come down to the Bulls and the Celtics and I think the trade of Perkins hurts them too much for them to make it to the NBA Finals. I think the Bulls will be the team representing the East in the NBA Finals
No comments:
Post a Comment