Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The 2011 Hall of Fame Class

Yesterday the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame's 2011 class was announced. So today I thought that I would take a look at some of the people that are in this year's class and some of their accomplishments. This year's class included ten people that will be inducted, but I will only cover the notable inductees. I will be talking about the two notable players on the ballot, Dennis Rodman and Chris Mullen, and I will also talk briefly about a couple of other inductees.
Dennis Rodman was an easy choice as far as I am concerned, though some though he shouldn't have made it. Rodman is easily one of the best rebounders to ever play the game of basketball, and he could be the best ever. He was Defensive Player of the Year two times and he also was an essential part of the Chicago Bulls teams that won the NBA championship in the years 2006-08 and the Detroit Pistons who won the NBA Championship in the 1989 and 1990 seasons. Many thought that is many negative on and off the court antics would keep him out of the Hall of Fame, but I think he should definitely be in the Hall of Fame.
Chris Mullen was a little more iffy as far as I am concerned. He was a five time NBA All-star and he was a very good player in the NBA for a long time. He was one of the best shooters in the NBA for many years, but I don't think he was a Hall of Fame player.

No comments:

Post a Comment