Sunday, February 27, 2011

Joakim Noah: Key to the Bulls

The Chicago Bulls have sneaked into the talk of the elite teams in the NBA. When I say elite I mean teams that actually have a real chance of winning the NBA Championship this year. I believe Joakim Noah is the real key to how far this team will go. It is kind of funny, because he isn't even one of the two best players on the Bulls. Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer are the Bulls two best players, so how can Noah be this team's key to success?
Well for one he is one of only a handful of "true centers" in the NBA who are any good. When I say "true center” I mean players with the ideal height and weight of a center (around 7 feet tall and 260 pounds) and that has a true post up game style. Today the game has transitioned to place where most big men are quicker finesse players instead of the traditional power post players. This makes "true centers" that much more valuable, and that is a prime reason why Noah is so important to the Bulls. Looking into the other elite teams Noah will be a huge factor in the game because of the players he will have to play against. He will have to guard All-Stars like Dwight Howard, Kevin Garnett, Al Horford, Amare Stoudimire, Tim Duncan, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki. Noah is the anchor of the Bulls defense that ranks top 3 in the NBA; he is a top five rebounder in the league as well. For me it is easy to see why Noah is the key to the Bulls. For more information about the Chicago Bulls visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment